As we all continue to monitor the global situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact in the United States, we wanted to assure you of our own diligence here at PlacementWorks and the precautionary measures we are taking to protect the clients we support and our staff.
All staff members have reviewed and continue to follow our policy on universal precautions which includes increased cleaning protocols to ensure sanitation of shared surfaces. This includes frequently cleaning high-touch objects and surfaces (doorknobs, counter tops, faucets, light switches, toilet handles, etc.) with bleach-based or alcohol-based disinfectant to reduce the spread of germs.
In addition, PlacementWorks has taken the following steps to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Covering coughs or sneezes with one’s elbow or a tissue, then disposing of the tissue
- Instructing all team members to stay home if they become sick, and to avoid close contact with people who are sick
- PlacementWorks, as always, is monitoring the individuals we support for symptoms and will reduce participation in employment activities if need be.
More information on COVID-19 is available on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions (CDC)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Overview
We will continue to monitor the situation and will share updates as needed.